Thursday, August 27, 2020

My Facebook Exit


Over the past few years I've taken extended Facebook sabbaticals. The last one was almost 2 years. Every time I do one of these it is a huge relief. So my friends I have decided to leave the almighty FB, for the most part anyways. I am still a part of the comic book, webcomic and coloring book groups, along with FB messenger. My posts will be here if you want to see what I'm doing. 

FB, in their infinite wisdom, has seen fit that it's impossible to delete your account. So I did the next best thing. I deleted almost everything. In doing so FB looks like it has put serious restrictions on my Instagram. I cannot add hashtags or tag other creators. This is a serious restriction. How am I to reach beyond my current followers? Just now I am unable to upload anything at all. They are trying to tell me that I need a better connection. I have one of the fastest residential connections in Tucson and my son is in the other room playing games across the internet with who knows how many friends from everywhere. If I didn't rely on Instagram for much of the promotion of my art I'd shit-can it too. I'm thinking that the frustrations, at this point, are not worth the reward. 

Anyhow, I hope you'll follow me here. New comics and coloring books are in the works. I will be adding links to my blog on FB to remind everyone that new content is out for your viewing.

Thanks for sticking with me

Bill

No comments: