Sunday, June 8, 2008

Riser Walls



Have not made an entry for a little while. But, I have been busy. I've been constructing the riser walls instead of continuing with the dome triangles. With the hubs for the triangles being made of PVC they have a little too much flex and I need it to be solid so I can get a proper placement of the rebar stakes. The walls are first screwed together with 2 deck screws for proper alignment of the walls. Then I add a few galvinized nails to further secure them together.
The riser wall is 18 inches. This will give me enought heigth for a regular size door. Each end of the walls are cut at a 12 degree angle. So the angle difference between one wall and the next is 24 degrees. The pattern for the riser walls is the same as the triangles. It is a B-C-C-B-C-C... pattern until the the circle is complete. Log onto the Desert Domes site for a complete explanation of how this works. Check out the v3 dome as this is the one I am building.