Sunday, April 20, 2008

Recording Studio


I thought I'd show the old recording studio so it can be compared to the new one when it is done.
On the left is the computer in a cool rackmount server case. I use Fruityloops for programming the drum patterns and synth lines. For audio recording I use Cubase SX.
On the right I have my NEW pocket POD from Line 6. What a huge improvement over the old effects unit. The sounds are totally amazing. Next to it is my NEW recording interface by Tascam, the FireOne. It only has 2 mic preamps and one instrument input, but they are crystal clear for recording. Next to that is my OLD Behringer mixer. Right now I don't have a use for it because I plug straight into the FireOne.
On top of the bridge I have JBL monitors. I was very fortunate to find these at an estate sale for very cheap. They sound so much better than the old KLH's. You can hear all the details in the music.